Week 3 The Science of Art. In our third week we discussed how to put to use all the science we learned last week into creating artistic photographs.
Week 3 Review
This week we discussed how to put the science behind Photography into use to create your artful images:
- Composition and the Rule of Thirds.
- Cropping the image, either in-camera of in post-production on the computer.
- Paying attention to all elements of the image: foreground, background and the subject.
- How lighting sets the mood of the picture.
- Using the camera controls of shutter speed to control the display of motion –either stopping motion, or showing the blur of motion.
- How to use the camera controls for aperture to create a shallow or deep depth of field.
- What all the various setting mean on the camera dial and how they have an effect on the picture.
- Focus and how auto-focus works (and when it doesn’t!).
This Blog has many resources for you:
- Blog Posts: Has many of the concepts we discuss in class in greater detail as well as many other topics.
- Ron Resources: Has several web links I mentioned in class that are useful and educational.
- Ron’s Recommendations: My recommendations for cameras and accessories.
Next week: The equipment you already have is all you need.
Please explore my Blog; I created it for you -my students.
You can download the slides from Week one by using this link and selecting the download option.